Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2020

I put a hex on you...

Updating once a year is a terrible terrible thing and I need to be better at this. I know I say this every year... but *this* time... *this* time. I hope everyone is keeping safe at the moment!

I did start a Warhammer Quest blog over on my home domain, but that derailed slightly as I got distracted by 7TV... at some point it'll get resurrected when interests switch back to that I'm sure.

Not much painting has happened over the last year, but for the key bits I'll go back and add them in the next week or so. These are mainly the two casts taken to the Board in Brum's 7TV days that seem to have become my primary gaming outlet of late. But more on those later!

Lockdown has given me a good chance to actually get back to building my modular gaming table. I finished just enough of it to take to the last 7TV day and it seemed to go down well with lots of ideas thrown around for additions. This is what people got to play over at the time and went with my cast of scarecrows; the edge of Winterly with the windmill, blacksmith and the millers house


The buildings are all 4Ground, with the old GW woods fitting in really well as the creepy trees in this haunted village. Sadly they are no longer produced and are not cheap on eBay... if anyone comes across any spares that they want to get rid of, let me know as I'd love to have even more! The field is your typical doormat fair with a non-animated scarecrow being played by the Crooked Dice Mr Mangel


Some of the more recent additions to the board have been a stone circle



and a village pond. The pond is still awaiting some ducks and flowers to arrive to make it look a little less sparse, but it is the first experiment with water effects on the board. Some murkiness was added with some Vallejo slime effect in the lower layers. I forgot to paint the bottom a much darker colour though, so it's a very shallow pond...



The board has it's own thread on https://leadadventureforum.com/ but I intend to keep figure posts over here as well as other experiments


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful stuff, love the stone circle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun carving that during a conference call. This lockdown has helped move things along a lot!

      Delete