Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

I feel like I could take on...



This is a bit of a last minute entry this week, after the massive upload of WotR figures earlier, but I couldn't resist trying to squeeze them in as well.

Shadows of Brimstone comes with 6 tentacles in each box and, as I got both boxes, this week I present the first six... carefully themed after one of my favourite games ever. Take a guess ;)

And as there are only so many ways you can take photos of tentacles, here are a couple of shots of them savaging some mythos explorers from last year's entries to the painting challenge. These last two also give you some sense of scale on these things.

Thankfully what you can't seein the photos are some of the overly soft details around the edges, where the poor sprue layout caused some of the suckers to merge into weird blobby messes and for others to become MASSIVE lumps that are easy to mistake for rocks... Like plenty of other people, I took a scalpel to these and tried to clean them up as best I could, but there's only so much you can do to rescue the suckers without cutting them off completely and making new ones... which is probably what I'll do to tentacles 13-24 when they arrive later in the year.

They aren't on bases as they come with them built in and I didn't really see the point in adding clear bases to something that could already stand up!

4 comments:

  1. Love the purple and green, they do look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've done one in Green Tentacle colours too, but the yellow doesn't work as well on an actual miniature

      Delete
  2. I loved these and really well done - great fun all round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look ace dude! Lovely colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete