Pages

Monday 4 December 2017

Painting challenge 8

The countdown to the 2017/18 Painting Challenge is on, but I have no real clue what to do about the themes yet. I have a pile of things left over from last year that need looking at... as well as things from the previous two and new projects that were added this year. Oh dear. I need to sort that list and shorten it considerably!

The special challenges this year are interesting, and fairly easy to achieve with the painting queue
  • Flight
  • Big Freakin' Gun 
  • Music/Musician
  • Childhood
  • Monstrous
With the added bonus of Monstrous also being the Curtgeld. Believe it or not, I think I have entries for all of those without buying anything else. That can't be right, surely?

The addition of terrain to this year's available entries is also an interesting addition. I wonder how much of my planned gaming table I can fit into the challenge? Sadly this actually requires there to be some decent weather so I can sit outside with the foam cutter for a few hours... we shall see.

I think this year I may try the spreadsheet plan that others have as I'm likely to wander off topic very quickly if I don't. 

I also think I am taking part in a Bloodbowl side challenge, but I've lost the thread on Facebook to confirm if this is still happening. 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. I loose track of whose doing what and when but its nice seeing how productive everyone is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck and like you know I'm not sure where to go this year - should be fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to do BloodBowl, but I've now found myself needing to paint up too much stuff for the weekend job that I don't think I'll be able to. I've now no idea what I'll be painting during the Challenge, just know that it'll be a wide assortment of things.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete