Reds are always a tricky one to get right, but I think I cracked a nice deep red and thought someone else may be interested in the recipe. Sadly the red I used has been discontinued and I've not really locate a decent replacement yet, but any deep red should work.
2) Paint the shaded areas with a 50/50 mix of Mechrite red and scorched brown
3) Paint deeper shadows with a 25/75 mix Mechrite red and scorched brown
4) Paint the deepest shadows with 50/50 mix of scorched brown and black
5) Paint some of the highlighted areas with a 75/25 mix of Mechrite red and vomit brown
6) paint tiny lines of a 50/50 mix of Mechrite red and vomit brown on as the highlights.