Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

The dam bursts

It's been a while since the last update, which is kinda embarrassing as I meant to keep things rolling, even if the urge to do some painting died down.

Taking a break from one thing has meant that I managed to get caught up on some other bits and pieces around the place though, including the Hero Lab data files for Acthung! Cthulhu/Savage Worlds.

It's been a bit of a slog, but the core of the file is now working well and contains everything character creation and equipment. All (all he says!) that is left is a mountain of basic data entry for magic spells, tanks and monsters. Once the core books are done, the rest should fall into place fairly easily as there are no more major changes to how it works. I'm looking forward to eventually finishing the GM and Player books as it means I can finally submit it for release and throw a small party!

Last time I mentioned that I was also going to start reading the Sharpe books and do some more background reading. So far I'm two books in and really enjoying the series, especially when supported by Mark Adkin's companion book that helps flesh out some of the real world elements surrounding them. A local charity shop also surfaced a couple of other useful books, Richard Holmes' Redcoats and Mark Urban's Rifles, which should be a nice accompaniment.

The last week or two has seen some painting though, so expect an update for those tomorrow when I sort out the lightbox again

No comments:

Post a Comment