Pages

Thursday 27 June 2013

40k Anniversary model

As some of the gaming world are aware, last year was the anniversary of 40k's launch. I was one of the lucky few in our local store to get the limited Marine that was released as part of the celebration.





He's not quite finished yet, but I ran out of inspiration... I really don't like painting marines; which was a pain to discover part way through painting a marine force!

He's an experiment in using a white undercoat and layer after layer of washes to build up the colours. I wish I'd taken some intermediate photos as well because it's really interesting to see what happens to the colours and model with this approach as it basically highlights itself if you just keep adding layers into the recesses of the model instead of all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment