Pages

Sunday 22 March 2015

Painting challenge over

Another year, another painting challenge complete. A big thank you to Curt and all of the other participants for making it another great year, full of inspiration and encouragement!

This year I clocked in at 1521 points. this photo is missing 8 figures that I painted up for friend's Christmas presents... so imagine it a bit larger.

There are 8 40mm gladiators, 12 tentacles, 1 werewolf, 1 snow monster, 1 suit of power armour, 194 28mm standard, 10 wolves, 7 mounted figures of varying styles and 1 teeny tiny cuddly, but mental, Koala.

This is not only the largest number of figures I've ever painted in that timeframe, but it also saw parts of some projects not only started, but completed too.

This year I managed to:

- Start and complete a full War of the Roses Lion Rampant force
- Start and complete 2 Familia for Jugula
- Finish my ww2 Russian infantry
- Finish all of my Zombies for Zombicide
- Finish the skeletons I built two years ago!

I didn't manage to get around to some of the other projects I had lined up, sadly, but it is still mightily impressive. Now to start planning out next year's ;)

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The challenge is always good fun. This year it was nice to actually complete some projects

      Delete
  2. Great output during the challenge! You really had some excellent entries along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Paul - it was great having you along and you produced some lovely stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been fun (again). Next year I need to work out how to break into the top 10 ;)

      Delete
  4. A great collection of figures Paul and well done on the 1521 points!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now to work out how to top it next year without going mad!

      Delete
  5. A cracking effort Paul. Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, though not quite on your scale of entries!

      Delete
  6. You had a good run, Paul. Congratulations on your output and points total. I am sorry I was absent much of the Challenge, but I enjoyed having you as a fellow painting brother.
    Best,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could feel you nipping at my heels all the way through the challenge. Unfortunately I am unable to do a group shot of my completed figures as many have found new home now. But your group shot looks ACE. Congratulations and we should do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll be back next year, don't fret. I wasn't purposefully chasing you... though maybe I should have been ;)

      Delete
  8. Grand work! I succumbed and purchased guild guard and guild riflemen....another project begins! ;)

    ReplyDelete