Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Tin Man progress

Plans changed slightly with the Tin Man. Originally he was supposed to have a large woodcutter's axe in his right hand... unfortunately I completely failed to make something that I liked. So for now I've given up and started painting the rest of the model. He still looks nice and dynamic, so I don't think anyone is going to notice a balance issue.

Last month Dave Taylor posted a recipe for bare metal on one of his knights (Thanks Dave, very much appreciated!). I've been trying to work out how to make something look beaten, but still shiny, so I gave it a go on a spare chimera. Once I had something I was happy with, phase one of the Tin Man started. So far so good!


Once the brass bits are finished, the next step is to pluck up the courage to try and mask large parts of him and put some scratched and battered paintwork over the top.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely finish to that metal dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I need to dull down parts of it as he's a bit too shiny when the light catches him.

      Delete
  2. That's quite a piece of work Paul, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now reached that stage where nerves kick in and I can't bring myself to paint any more in case I stuff up!

      Delete
  3. Coming along very nicely indeed!

    ReplyDelete