Pages

Friday 20 June 2014

Liebster

It turns out that while I was absent, two kind fellows decided that I would have Liebsters; thanks to Sjeng (Ye Olde Inn) and AHunt (Dulce et Decorum Est) for reading and thinking of me, even though I was silent. This does, however, mean that I now have 22 questions to answer while I wait for my customer's system to stop messing around...


Those from Sjeng:

  1. What was your very first miniature? Did you paint it? This is a tricky one as I started off with Airfix models with my dad when I was only a few years old. The first one I actually remember helping with was Darth Vader's tie fighter. After that were lots of planes and 1/72 scale soldiers... eventually Heroquest introduced me to the joys of wargames miniatures and the planes took a back seat from then on. I think the wizard was probably the first wargames model that I painted.
  2. What's your favourite boardgame?  At the moment, Zombicide probably tops the pile as the pure co-op nature of it suits our group nicely; though I have high hopes for Kingdom Death when it finally arrives too.
  3. What's your favourite videogame? Civilization 4 is probably the game I come back to most, though Borderlands 2 comes a close second. I rarely finish a game of Civ4, it's just one of those things that you can mindlessly play in front of a film
  4. How much time do you spend on your hobbies? Not as much as I would like... by a long way.
  5. What do you do for a living, and do you enjoy it?  I work for a web agency as consultant/team lead/technical architect/PM/general dogsbody. Some days it's great; others...
  6. If you had a superpower, what would it be?  If I had a super power it would have to be the ability to create duplicates of myself so I would go to work, but stay at home and play games/paint. It would also come in handy when there are deadlines looming.
  7. What sort of movies do you watch? I like horror, sci-fi, mysteries, murder mysteries, comedy, cartoons... Claire says everything I watch has dead people in. I'm sure at least some of the Disney films we own don't... other than that, it's probably true. I'm very picky about my comedies though. I just don't find American Pie style humour funny. At all.
  8. What sort of music do you listen to? Almost anything. Really. My itunes library currently clocks in at over 40,000 songs (all of them legit) spread across almost every genre under the sun. Currently Sleepthief, Duran Duran, Paradise Lost, Skinny Puppy and Epic Rap Battles of History are geting a lot of play time.
  9. What's your favourite food? BBQ Doritos or a really good korma
  10. What's your greatest ambition? To get this current work project finished on time... (do you sense a theme here?)
  11. What your greatest regret? Selling my Warhammer Quest stuff years ago on the assumption that I was done with gaming is fairly high up on the list. Cancelling the first Zombicide kickstarter and backing Sedition wars instead is pretty close though ;)

Those from AHunt:

  1. What got you into wargaming?  Heroquest. I think this got everyone my age into wargames.
  2. What's your favorite wargaming period/genre?  Not too sure on this one. I've spent most of my gaming life playing Warhammer or 40k, but recently it's taken a turn for the Pulp or Zombicide
  3. What's the last book you've read and finished? Do comics count? No? I think the last book I actually finished was the Achtung! Cthulhu Investigator Guide. Novel wise it was Ian Tregellis' Necessary Evil, the third book in his Milkweed trilogy. It starts of as weird war 2 and then progresses into the Cold War. Book 1 is probably the best one of the three, but it's all entertaining.
  4. Who is your favorite miniature sculptor? I would say at the moment it's a close call between Kev White (for his Judge Minty) or Ernst Veingart for his X-Commandos and Tucker Newman over at Crooked Dice.
  5. If you were sentenced to death by firing squad, who would you want staked out next to you and why?  I woudn't wish death on anyone. Even the few people I do moan about on a regular basis
  6. What has been your most unforgettable wargaming moment?  It's probably a zombicide moment where we managed to have so many zombies spawn that we ran out. This them meant that everything moved faster across the board towards us and we ended up with everything form the season 1 box in 2 squares. We did not survive!
  7. Who would you like to write your epitaph and why?  I don't really like any particular person's writing style above another... just someone who says something nice.
  8. What's your most proud of model and why? I'm really pleased with Toto the dog for some reason. I think it's because he came together really quickly and without any effort at all. The sculpting on the figure is perfect and took the paint really well.

  9. If you could have your own flag, what would be on it?  A pair of headphones because I never leave home without a pair
  10. Why is a Raven like a writing Desk? My favourite answer to that one is "One is a rest for pens, the other is a pest for wrens."
  11. If you were a character from Lord of the Rings, who would you be and why?  Probably Sam because I always felt he wanted to be left alone to get on with his life and he kept being dragged into thing.
 So. On to my 11 questions for you lucky few: Colgar6, Anything But A OneZombicideDK, Cameron's Tiny Little Men, Deep Dark Dungeons, Necroleadicon and Giric's Saga. It seems most blogs I follow are either dead or too big! Anyway...
  1. What was your first wargame?
  2. What is your favourite wargame and why?
  3. What is your favourite model and why?
  4. If you could only choose one paint range to work with, what would it be?
  5. What game do you feel is underrated and everyone should try at least once?
  6. What songs are you listening to at the moment?
  7. What is your comfort film?
  8. What do you do for fun when not gaming or painting?
  9. Are you looking forward to the new Star Wars films?
  10. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
  11. If you could go and see one historical event, what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment